Four days after we arrived here in the Queen City we packed up our car and headed to the Outer Banks with the Phillips. It was a great trip. We spent a week there. A fun, relaxing week. Our days mostly consisted of playing @ the beach, naps, and food. Glorious, right? Here are some of my fav pics from the week.
We spent our Sunday evening out on the deck enjoying the cool breeze. Annie and Henry had a great time playing.
Annie laughing hysterically. These two are the best of friends. I love them together. I'm hoping they'll make it a forever kind of thing one day. Here's to hoping...
Holding hands, jumping for joy.
Sharing drinks all week long
"I caught a fish THIS big"
Henry's hair was super long and curled quite beautifully in the sea air. This mommy loved it.
Annie has beautiful blue eyes. No wonder. So do both her parents.
Holding hands. Love it. They'll still hold hands to this day. At what age do they starting thinking the other is gross and has cooties?
We were having a ton of fun all week. So much so that I kept forgetting to take out my camera. Plus, I didn't want to get sand in my camera, etc. This day I decided to risk it. This beach was crazy. The wind was blowing hard and the waves were intense. But even more intense was the tide. You'd get in and it'd whisk you 25 feet down the beach. It was pretty tough to get out and boogie board, but if you were successful it was a pretty fun ride.
David had a pretty tight hold on H-dog. And he was loving it.
We went to this beach specifically to catch some of the kite boarding competition that was going on close by. The waves were ferocious (as you can see) and the kite boarders were awesome.
My sandy-haired men
Annie wasn't too thrilled when her parents took off boogie boarding without her.
But they look good doing it, don't they?
Splashing. I'm afraid we've turned Henry into a water baby. He kind of has to be. It's so dang hot down here. It was only in the mid to high 80s today and it felt a little like spring :)
We stopped at the Hatteras Lighthouse one day. It was pretty.
Annie and Henry playing ring-around-the-rosie. They're still getting the hang of it.
"ARrrrrrr"
We loved the OBX. 4 days after we got home Dave went back there with the Young Men in our ward for their high adventure trip for the summer. They biked down the islands for 3 days. He saw some pretty cool things that I wish we had seen and done when we were there. Just means we'll have to go back.



0 comments:
Post a Comment