Saturday, July 2, 2011

We Did It

We moved. And it wasn't as painful as I thought it might be. Thank you BofA :)

I failed to take pictures of a boxed up house, an empty house, a last picture in front of the house, etc. Mostly because I wasn't there. Dave handled everything at the house while I played with Henry at Simon's house and the next day at Katherine and Rachel's house. We were lucky to be staying with Rebekah and Andrew when Rachel had her birthday party. It was a fairy party and Henry thoroughly enjoyed himself, tutu and all.

 Henry also learned the age old game of duck duck goose. He didn't quite get it. Can you tell?

We stayed with A&R for a few days. Then we stayed with Ken and Winona for a few days before our final one-way flight to Charlotte. It was nice to be able to see family and friends and say our good-byes. I have to tell you about my favorite good-bye.

In all the craziness of moving and shuttling between our house and A&R's house, and with Lisa and hubby leaving for Hawaii, I didn't get to say good-bye to Lisa.(Lisa became one of my best friends in Provo. We hung out practically every day. More for us than for the boys I think. I'm not sure what I would have done without her.) I cried about it. She cried about it. But it was better that way, right? Emotional good-byes are always embarrassing and sad. We knew we'd keep in touch.

Fast forward 5 days to the airport. Memorial Day. There was snow in Bountiful when we left for the airport. Of course we were wearing our flip flops and shorts because we were headed to a humid 90 degrees. Kind of stunk. We never got a Spring. I love Spring weather. Oh well. On to the story. I went to the bathroom to change Henry's diaper while David got us some breakfast. As I walk out of the bathroom David comes running up to me and says, "I have a surprise for you." Then I see Lisa and Tyler! They had just gotten off of the plane that we were about to get on. Oh man did I cry. Not only because I had to say good-bye, but because I knew this was a blessing from above and he knew I needed it. I'm actually tearing up writing about it.

It makes me nervous to think about all of the things that had to work out just perfectly in order for this to happen. What if we hadn't taken the early flight? What if we had been late to the airport? What if David didn't turn around just in time to see the Lewis' walk by?
 You can tell I'm happy because you can see my dimples.
We're going to miss that Lewis family. Ok. We already do. They're great. They're wonderful.

We arrived in Charlotte and stayed in a hotel (it rhymes with blitz) for one night and our stuff arrived the next day. I wouldn't have minded staying just one more night in the hotel. Henry sure enjoyed himself.

3 comments:

Jazzy said...

Yay! I'm happy you made it safe and sound! Can't wait to hear about all your new adventures!

Anonymous said...

hooray!!! :)

Sue Clark said...

Great Good-bye Story! I want to see Henry's new haircut and rub my fingers thorugh his short hair! What a man!