Saturday, March 19, 2011

As of late


It's been too long and I need to record some happenings as of late.
-Henry started swim lessons this month with his buddy Simon. Henry enjoys it for the most part. Doesn't even get mad when we dunk him under the water. His favorite part last week was jumping off the side of the pool into my arms.
-David traveled to the UK with a class from school. The night before he left I made rack of lamb. David really enjoys lamb and I don't like it, so I don't make it. But I did this time. It was super easy to make. David said it tasted good. :) Unfortunately, David wasn't around to eat the leftovers. Lucky lucky dog.
-David wins the award for lightest packer. He fit everything he needed into his backpack and a small computer bag. I was very impressed. We missed our daddy a lot. I feel for single parents. Geesh it takes a lot of energy and courage!
-Grandma and Grandpa Moss came to stay with us for a few days after David returned from across the pond. It was nice to spend some time with them. One day Henry had only taken one short nap. By 6:40pm he was fast asleep on Grandma's lap. I was so jealous. This kid never falls asleep in other places besides his bed. Never. Maybe it was that special grandma touch.
-A week after David returned I took off for a weekend with some of my closest girl friends and my favorite twin sister in Tucson, AZ. It was a great relaxing weekend without kids. The coolest part is that Margaret, Carly, and Jen are all pregnant and due within two weeks of each other. Marg's first, then two weeks later Carly, two weeks after that comes Baby Boy Singer. It was so fun to see my pregnant sister. In a perfect world we'd live on the same street so our kids could play.
-I love having a little boy. The other day I gave him an empty paper towel roll to play with. I looked over at him and he had put it on his hand. It was pretty cute. He makes us laugh every day.
-Henry's been sick since Tuesday night. He had an infected eye, a nasty cough, and a fever spiked on Wednesday. The pic on the bottom right-hand corner is him on the couch. I knew this kid was sick because he sat still most of the day. Poor bud. Luckily the fever is gone. It's hard when this kid is sick. We hope he gets better soon!


-We sold the Element tonight. It was a great car. And now the search is on for a new car. Kind of exciting!

3 comments:

L.R.L said...

look at that sick little boy...so sad. he never sits around like that. kisses to him.

Joneel said...

Oh, it was fun to see a picture of Mary in your collage. your little guy is sure handsome! And so sorry about your miscarriage. My daughter michelle who had her first baby around the time you had Henry, is expecting in Nov. Anyway, good luck with the move, etc. Wish I'd come to visit you when you were in Utah. Say hi to David for me.

Sue Clark said...

WE will miss the little blue element, but not nearly as much as we will miss you! It is so sad to be sending you off the the East Coast!!!

Love you so much