Our house smells like cigarette smoke. And we didn't start a bad habit. I burned beans on Thursday. Like really bad. Our house still smells. We've been running an air purifier, put dryer sheets in the vents, done a ton of laundry, wiped cupboards down with vinegar, etc. We still smell like smokers. I'll never burn beans again!
There's a billboard on I-15 southbound around Lehi for the Mormon Channel. Thanks to my smart phone I'm a listener. It's great Sunday listening. Okay back to the billboard... it's a b/w photo of an older lady and she looks just like Mrs. Doubtfire (a.k.a. Robin Williams). Haven't noticed it? Keep your eyes peeled next time your driving through.
Today is the day Henry starts taking only 1 nap a day. After a few weeks of struggling with naps and convincing myself of the benefits of just one nap I've made the change. How did it go? I don't know. He's only been sleeping for 10 minutes. I'm praying he'll stay that way for another 2 hours. If so, then I will call it a success.
I hate winter. I could live without it. The weather has been nice the past few days (50 degrees!) and I swear I could sunbathe it feels so warm. North Carolina here we come!
Our 3rd anniversary is tomorrow. That's not that long, but I feel like I know David almost better than I know myself. He knows me better than I know myself. I love that guy.
Exercise is the bane of my existence. Don't get me wrong I love to exercise. But when and how do I do it when it's so dang cold outside and I hate running with a jogger? I'm a lazy person at heart so waking up at 6 am is just plain crazy. I guess there are plenty of solutions. I'm just lazy and I know I should be exercising. Ugh.
I'm trying to get better at using my new lens. Here are some photos from the past few weeks for your viewing pleasure.
Tuesday, February 15, 2011
Random thoughts from this house wife
Posted by Julia Mar at 12:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
1. Have you tried bowling water and vinegar? I hear that can work.
2. Maybe a picture of said billboard for those of us who don't have the pleasure of having I-15 nearby?
3. Good luck with the 1nap/day! For your sake I hope he sleeps 3+ hours!
4. AMEN! Winter is so last season (pun intended)
5. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!
6. I'm with you on the exercise thing. How is it so easy for some people to do it? But I'm sure you burn enough calories watching Henry.
7. I can't believe how BIG Henry is getting. And seriously Jules, he looks SO MUCH like you! He's a beautiful little one.
8. I miss you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ask David if he remembers when Eli burnt the beans in their apartment. They were ready to kick him out I think. Their apartment stunk for the rest of the year; they just threw away the pot, after it sat outside their front door for a while. He was banned from the kitchen.
I go walking in the morning with a friend inside the church. I'm not a runner, and I don't like the cold, so it works. I've heard of people walking in the mall; that might be fun, but I think I would probably end up shopping. And Happy Anniversary. I told Eli you've been married 3 years and he couldn't believe it had been that long. It was right before our Samuel was born, so it's easy for me to remember, but it is crazy that it's been 3 years. And I had to laugh at Jennifer's comment on how much Henry looks like you because isn't she your twin sister? So I guess he looks like her too? =)
I think Henry and Noah have the same sleeper - green and brown stripes with monkeys on it?
Post a Comment