Friday, June 25, 2010

Road Runner

I ran 3.1 miles and didn't stop. I haven't been running a lot, maybe just 2 or 3 times a week. Natural ability? Probably not. More likely it's the lower elevation helping me out coupled with the fact that I "pace myself", a.k.a I run  S   L   O   W. I really want to keep this up and run a 10k in the Fall. A half marathon would be awesome, just not sure if I'll have the time to train. It sure was a lot easier when I was kidless and had more time to work up the will power. That was half the battle for me.

A trip down memory lane... here I am at around mile 12 of the half.
Oh to be thin again and wear short running shorts.

2 comments:

singer.phil said...

Congratulations on the run. Um, can we now see a picture of Henry?!

The Ferrins said...

That's awesome! Too bad I'm gonna be out town for 3 weeks, otherwise we could totally buddy up and go running together, because I enjoy "pacing" myself as well :)