Monday, December 7, 2009

He has Arrived


After a few tense moments of heart rates dropping, nurses scrambling, too much bleeding, a snow storm, and our doctor arriving just in time after getting stuck in traffic, Henry David Moss was born at 2:54 pm on December 7, 2009. 8 lbs 9 oz, 20.5 inches, a full head of hair, Julia's mouth, Julia's brothers ears, and my eyelashes. Anyway, here is a long list of pictures:

Henry had a little problem with pooping in the womb. Consequently he swallowed quite a bit of it. This is a picture of him getting the poo vacuumed out of his lungs. This still giving him problems.
He is a happy boy, because his father’s finger is in the picture

Later on he got the poo washed out of his hair


See how happy he is?

I walked in on a cruel joke. The nurses had tied each of his limbs to hamsters and sent them running …Actually, he was dehydrated breathing too hard (you would hyperventilate too if you realized you swallowed poo). After failing six times to insert an IV they had to tie him down and insert one into his belly button

He is still in a special care unit to night until they can get his breathing to stabilize.

Julia is doing great. She is happy and recovering.

15 comments:

Carly said...

I'm so glad he is here and that he is recovering. Even if the recovery process requires something that resembles some sort of Medieval torture.

Can't wait to see you guys as parents!

Nicole said...

Congratulations! I'm glad that everything turned out ok. Sounds like a scary few moments. Best wishes to mom, dad, and baby!

Carly said...

Oh, and I'm glad Henry has already learned one of life's most important lessons- don't eat your own poop.

Anonymous said...

Hey,

This is Erik. Congratulations. He looks good. I got a good laugh from the post. Thanks

katie k said...

Congratulations! He is adorable :)

Tim & Alicia said...

Yippee! We've been watching for this news! Sounds like it was a bit of a traumatic experience, but parenthood is full of those. Glad mom and son are doing alright.Looks like you've done good work, he's handsome!

Drae said...

We are so excited for you guys!!! We can't wait to meet him and see you. Thanks for the entertaining post, as always, Dave. Only your kid would enter this world in such a fashion. We hope ours doesn't. It's not very lady like to eat your own poop.

mandy* said...

Congratulations!!! He's a little cutie!!

Tabbi said...

Congratulations! And hey, he listened and came early. Henry David...how perfect! I can't wait to meet him.

Mama Sue said...

Welcome little Henry! So I was wondering you say he got Julia's mouth, your eyelashes, the eating of the poo, did that come from Jones?

We are very happy for you guys and look forward to meeting him. Take care of Juls and the little one. We love you guys!

Peggy Davis said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! We are very happy for you all!! We hope his health problems improve, and Julia feels better. We'll see how you hold up Dave with no sleep! Good Luck!! Love, Terry & Peggy

Spencer said...

Congratulations! Hope both baby and mom recover well. Look forward to seeing you guys soon!

Joneel said...

o.k. you guys. We have been watching your pregnancy, because Michelle is due on the 10 and she was hoping to beat you. But Alas, it did not happen. You guys look great, and I hope your little Henry keeps improving everyday.

Erin said...

Leave it to mom to be the one with the best comment...eating poop coming from Jones...I'm still laughing mom! Congrats you guys! Kira can't wait to be there with you next week...wish I could come too;-(...I'll have to tack on a SLC leg to one of my Chicago trips in the new year. Love you!

Meredith said...

He is absolutely adorable! Congratulations, guys!