Sunday, September 13, 2009

25th

Yesterday we went on a Birthday Sunrise Hike up to Stewart Falls. An easy hike for a prego, but still made me tired nonetheless. I need to give a shout out to Provo Canyon/Mother Nature. They did a great job at making sure the leaves were starting to change for this hike and that there was a rainbow in the falls.


Yesterday night David took me to Carrabba's for dinner. Wow I love that place. Dave and I split the Filet Bryan. Seriously folks, if you want a really nice meal, but don't want to pay $50, split this entree. It's so rich you can't eat more than half. A filet mignon, topped with goat cheese and a lemon basil sauce and sun-dried tomatoes, with a side of creamy mashed potatoes and veggies. The filet melted in our mouths. A girl couldn't ask for more except for a raspberry Italian soda, which I got! I might make this meal a tradition as long as we're near a Carrabba's on my birthday.

This morning I woke up and Dave gave me my birthday gift. He got a 30" print on canvas of Carl Bloch's Christ Healing the Sick at Bethesda. It's beautiful. And he got a great deal. Apparently the print has some minor and small difference from the original that is only detectable if you've studied the painting inch by inch and compared it to the original. We don't notice a thing and it was 75% off!! Isn't Dave so thoughtful (and lucky)?! Thanks David!

5 comments:

Margaret Proffitt said...

Wow, that meal is making my mouth water. Sounds like a delightful birthday weekend. Glad you had fun. And what an awesome gift- that's what I want for my birthday/christmas but a Teichert print instead. I love that painting and I actually have studied it (from my museum days). I bet it's a beautiful reproduction flaws and all. Happy birthday!

Emily Jones said...

Happy Birthday Julia! And way to go David!

Joneel said...

My Husband knows that I enjoy things more when they are a great deal. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Filet is my favorite also. mMmmMMMmmm

Angela said...

Hey, you can rent a car now without paying an extra fee. =) Happy Birthday; sounds like it was a good day. A sunrise hike pregnant doesn't sound fun to me, but I'm glad you had fun. =) In about 3 weeks or so I'll be up there full time until Hyrum comes home, so we'll have to come and see you guys.

Angela said...

Okay, so after looking at your hiking pictures, it looks like it would be fun, but I'm still not sure I would enjoy it being pregnant.