Sunday, July 27, 2008

SPUDMAN


We did it! On Saturday David and I both competed in the Olympic distance Spudman Triathlon in Burley, ID. We even got a potato in our race packets. Neither of us had expectations. Having not been training very well I estimated I'd finish around 3.5 hrs. I finished at 3:19 and Dave finished at 2:49. The swim and bike weren't bad, but it's the run that's a doozy. I did the run/walk method. It worked out pretty well.
Now we can use our free time to do other things other than swim, bike, or run!

4 comments:

Erik said...

I was thinking of you guys yesterday and I wanted to go watch the race, but couldn't make it. I'm glad you had fun.

Joneel said...

Way to go!! My daughter did a triathlon, and the run was the killer for her too. PS Love the picture of David H

Angela said...

Wow! That's awesome for sure. I wouldn't mind the swimming and biking, but I'm afraid the running would do me in. Good job on finishing.

Josiah said...

Congrats on the accomplishment, now on to the ironman