Saturday, June 14, 2008

Tri-riffic

Dave and I did our first triathlon today. It was a sprint distance, i.e. 400m swim, 12 mile bike, and 5k run. We don't want to brag, but we both received medals for second place in our respective age groups. Although we should tell you, there were only three women in my age group, and two men in Dave's. Oh well! Dave finished around 74 minutes and I finished around 95 minutes. Surprisingly the swimming went really well for only having swam laps twice in preparation. And I actually beat Dave in the swim, but he killed me on the bike and run. By the run it's pretty tough. We have a lot of work to do to get ready for the Spudman in July, which is an Olympic distance (1 mile swim, 25 mile bike, and 10k)! We'll remember to take pictures then (if we're not dead).

3 comments:

Angela said...

That is awesome!!! Congrats, and you don't need to tell anyone how many people were competing. I was a sterling scholar for Family and Consumer Sciences in my high school. I'll never tell you how many people applied; I'll just say that I was competing against fewer people than you were. =) Maybe I should start training for something like this. Not that I really want to (I'm not a big fan of running), but so I can lose my baby weight. I'm needing a little motivation.

David Stroud said...

Good for the two of you. That's awesome, and some pretty impressive times. Jacie and I would love to participate in something like that really soon. I never got the invite to the wedding. Super sad about that, but rest assured that way too many people didn't get one to mine and some that did only had a few days notice. Please send me your address so that Jacie, Chloe (six weeks old today) and I can send you a token of our excitement for you two.

Drae said...

Yay!! Congratulations! That's so awesome. I knew you guys could do it. You're inspiring. Maybe Jon and I will have to do one with you guys someday. Great Job!