Some of you may know that we have signed up for a triathlon. It sounds impressive but it is really just talk with an occasional bike ride and run so we can say we are training. Saturday was one of those days that we go for a bike ride and call it training. I do have to say I am impressed with Julia. It was a 20 mile ride and I didn't hear one murmuring word out of her during the ride or the next day.
A brief note on the economy. The price of milking a cow at a city living history farm park has shot up. $.50 will get you half a dozen tugs on an udder and a nice photo op. Highway robbery I tell you (that is a phrase my mom uses, I am not sure what it is reference too though). If you know me then you know I rarely settle for retail price until I have made several attempts to find the item, service or in this case husbandry training, for cheaper. I talked the guy down to $.39, the exact amount of change in the pouch of my trendy, discount, reverse marsupial, biking jersey (they were 80% off so I got us matching ones). Julia was amazing with the cow but when the adventure was over we realized we were paying to do the park employees job and we didn't get to keep the milk. It didn't matter, we had milk waiting for us at home so we continued our ride. Sometimes you learn the hard way.
Monday, April 28, 2008
They Milked Us
Posted by David Henry at 8:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Dave, you should write a book. You have a way with words for sure. I'm sure that's how you convinced Julia to marry you. =)
Thank you Angela. I would write more often but as you can see you are the only one that appreciates what I write.
Not true David Henry Moss. I thought it was really neat to see that you had written something too.
Hey, have you checked my blog out recently? My kids are linked on the side of my blog also. = )
Post a Comment