Monday, May 14, 2012

Time Flies

Welp...we're having a girl! I'm excited and a bit nervous for the possible drama she may bring. But I don't care...bring on the pink! I'm more than half way through this pregnancy, which means I need to get sewing! Sewing for a girl is so much fun.

We have had a busy few months. The highlight of March was a visit from Nana and Papa, Jennifer and Felix, and Erin and Matthew. It was a blast! I'm afraid I wasn't a great hostess...I'd like to blame the pregnancy. But we had a good time anyways. Dad was especially excited to golf three days in a row. Us girls just wanted time to chat, eat yummy food, and shop at TJMaxx. Henry was thrilled to have Matthew staying with us. Those boys loved playing together.

Playing at Discovery Place Kids

Bedtime Stories

Both super excited to eat Papa's birthday cake on Lightning McQueen plates.

Can you tell they both LOVE Cars? Aren't they adorable?

More Playing

I loved having my sisters and mom all together. We all agreed though, next time we attempt a girls' weekend, we'll do it sans kids. And I'd like to add that none of us should be in our first trimester...just sayin'.

I love these ladies.

It was especially nice to see Jen. We miss each other. Thank goodness for Skype, gchat, and cell phones. I loved getting to know Felix better. So did Henry.






Felix can really ham it up when he wants to!


April was also a busy month with Easter (and all that candy!!! Henry is now obsessed), a field trip to a ranch/farm where we saw tons of animals, meeting baby sister via ultrasound, 3 doctors visits, 2 high fevers, a trip to the urgent care, followed by a trip to the ER, and a night spent in the hospital. Aye yai yai!

Easter Egg Hunt hosted by our amazing party throwing friends. Thanks, Katie and Chris!


Fish at the Ranch

Kangaroo

Hello Mr. Camel

Henry on the wagon ride, getting ready to see some big animals and feed them.

Trying not to get grossed out by the large tongue and stinky breathe.



That's a bison. There were baby ones too. See Henry cuddling me? That never happens. I figured it was hot. But the next day he had a fever of 103. He was probably starting to feel it. His fever lasted for 3 days. It was a hard 3 days, but I was happy to be his cuddle buddy.

And of course David's cousin Cindi and her daughter Molly happened to be at the ranch the very same day and we ended up on the same wagon ride! I wish someone had told me to take off my sunglasses for this picture.

Zebras!

Giraffe

This is Henry on day 2 of the first fever.

Feeling a little better day 3, but still a grumpy pants.

Then the fever went away and we got our happy boy back for 2 or 3 days. Then Henry got a cough, which aggravated his breathing. Breathing treatments at home weren't doing anything to help, so off to the urgent care we went. Which landed us in the ER and at the hospital for the night. Henry had a high fever at the urgent care, but the x-rays didn't show an infection in his lungs thank goodness. They gave him steroids and albuterol treatments through the night. Once his breathing stabilized he was good to go home. Well...6 hours later. Hospitals are really efficient like that. 

H liked being at the hospital for the most part because he got to drink juice and watch all the TV he wanted. David stayed the night with him so I could go home and sleep. I didn't get home until 1:30 in the morning. It was a long night for all of us. It took us a few days to recuperate. And I'm happy to report that we are all happy and healthy...for now.

0 comments: