Thursday, December 15, 2011

Lately

Our computer with pictures on it has decided to be a brat, so i'll have to back date entries about Halloween and other activities. Here's what we've been up to lately.

Taking bubble baths. A bath isn't a bath without bubbles. Henry likes to "swim" in the bath.
Painting. Good think watercolors are washable. Hardly any paint actually makes it onto the paper. Same thing happened with a glue stick the other day...

Henry knows that when we go to Costco or Target there are toys there to look at. It's getting harder to get him to leave the store. And now he asks, "Buy?" I've created a monster!

Eating ice cream at Ikea. Mmmmm.

Learning how to open peanuts at Five Guys. It's a hard job, but some one has to do it.

Jumping on the trampoline. 

Swinging on the tire swing. Henry loves it and gets so dizzy. I pray every time he won't throw up :)

Being silly after church waiting for daddy. We found this in the gym at the church. Cute lamb, huh?

We went to the airport to watch airplanes. We took a video of it on my phone. Henry wants to watch the airplane all the time now.

Making beautiful pies for Thanksgiving!! Sadly, this one kind of sunk in the fridge over night. It still tasted delicious, but just wasn't as pretty.



Grandma and Grandpa Moss came to visit over Thanksgiving and stayed a few weeks. Henry still talks about them. It was great having them here. One day we went to Latta Plantation. Henry fed this pig his apple core and he was begging for more.

Moss Family Thanksgiving Day Hike. Henry's sporting a new hat from Grandma Moss. 

More hiking silliness.

I got this chair from the neighbor's curb. Score! I'm in the process of painting it and making a fabric covered seat and back for it. Want to see pictures? You might have to wait a decade or two...I'm moving slow on this project.

I cut H's hair. Handsome, huh? I always miss the long hair when we cut it, but also think he's so handsome with the short hair. A lady at Costco took one look at us yesterday and said, "Oh he looks just like you." I took it as a compliment.

Playing at the Discovery Museum. Tons of fun and Henry didn't want to leave.


I built this shelf. Dave helped me assemble. What you can't tell, is that for some reason one of the legs is shorter than the others. Nothing a saw can't fix.

Playing in the many many many many piles of leaves we had.

We visited the NASCAR speedway to drive through the Christmas lights with our friends the Phillips. (Little Annie is Henry's betrothed.) H & A loved sitting on the daddies' laps and "driving". It was extremely busy and we waited over 1.5 hours in line just to get to the start of the lights. Then the lights weren't even that spectacular. I wanted explosions, ya know?

But we did get to drive onto the race track. That was the highlight of the night. Not sure if you can tell how slanted the banked turn is...24 degrees to be exact. I may have been a bit irrational and nervous of tipping.

Henry turned 2 last week (birthday post forthcoming) and his energy lately has tripled. He's generally a happy kid. And I can't get enough of the things he says. The other day he dubbed Fruit Loops "Green Cheerios" and I couldn't convince him otherwise. Henry knows his colors really well and talks a ton. He loves Thomas the train and all his friends, Lightening McQueen, cars, trucks, airplanes, and tractors. He also named his airplane Buddy. Ha I love it. He likes to run around the house with Daddy and play outside.




3 comments:

Sara said...

Thanks for the update!! It is nice hearing how you are doing :) And score on that chair!!! I LOVE it and cant wait to see what you do with it!

Michelle said...

I told Suz the other day that it was Henry's birhtday and she said "Do you mean the cousin that always looks like he needs a haircut?" I will have to show her the pictures.

KellySummer said...

he is so adorable and looks so freaking old! i can't believe he is only a month older than ollie. except that they seem to have all the same interests. :) Ollie also is obsessed with Cars and "ligh - Tee" as he calls him.