For the sake of record keeping here's a recap of August...
It was hot. H.O.T. We played in the water a lot.
We had a pretty big rain storm one day and I could get to the store because the street was flooded. I love the rain here. When it rains it pours. It's beautiful.
With all the rain we discovered what we thought was a weed on the side of the house is actually a cherry tomato plant. Pretty cool. Too bad I do not like tomatoes.
I let Henry paint for the first time...He loved it! I also discovered some settings on my phone's camera. Click on a close up of this one. It's pretty hilarious. Henry makes a cute Alien.
We visited the Children's Museum with some friends. Henry had a blast. It's every kids' dream come true.
Playing with water at the museum. I'm so glad they thought about the aprons.
Trains table at the museum. If Henry could turn into a train he would. Or a truck. Or a car. Okay anything with wheels. We are slowly building up our train collection. David told me the other day that in Vegas there's a "sandbox" where you can actually drive bulldozers. We're taking Henry...just kidding.
I killed my basil plant. I even put it in a bigger pot and everything. I tried not watering it as much. I tried watering it more. I gave it as much sun as possible in the kitchen. It still died on me. I'm really good at killing plants.
Henry learned how to say "cheese" to the camera. Can you tell?
There's lots of work being done to the building next door to us. One afternoon we spent a good chunk of time sitting on the steps of the church across the street and watching the trucks. It's so fun to see Henry interested in things. He loves learning the names of different types of trucks.
Speaking of churches. They're everywhere. We have two across the street from us and a few more a few blocks away. Okay, so that's normal for Utah, but these aren't all LDS churches. Welcome to the South!
We went to the children's library one afternoon. Henry's getting pretty good at his letters. I think he's learning most of them from TV. Okay I know TV's not great for my child, but it's teaching him his alphabet, right? Then I just reinforce what he learns. Isn't that like school? It's an internal struggle every time I turn on a show for him.
We've been enjoying the Chick-fil-a's on every corner. But not too often. The cows are right, the chicken is pretty good. Have you tried the chick-fil-a sauce? Glorified honey mustard, but really good. Henry's mouth is stuffed with chicken. He just can't get enough.
It's fun to look at these pictures that are only a few months old. These two look so young compared to now. Oh why do our babes grow so fast? Prob so we'll have more...
One day we drove up to the NASCAR race track and watched a parade of the cars that were going to race this season. Henry loved it. If the races weren't so darn long and loud we'd take him to one. Maybe a monster truck rally or something?
HIKING
We have discovered the fun of "fuzzy sticks". Who'd a thunk? We now bring a bunch to church to play with.
He gets cuter every day!












3 comments:
AGREED!! Absolutely darling!!!
He DOES get cuter every day! I love those hiking pictures! Where did you go?! Ry and I have talked about that recently (or maybe just I have?) and want to find a place to check out. :) I love the month wrap-up -- thanks for sharing all these memories!
Cute pics. Thanks for the update. Henry does look like he has changed a lot this summer.
Post a Comment