Before David started work we had a few weeks of down time. We must have tired Henry out because this is what we found one day:
He fell asleep reading in his chair. I love me a sleeping Henry.
Now that Henry's a lover of water we got a little pool for the backyard. He loves it. I just wish we had more shade in the areas where the hose will reach. Sunscreen. Lots of sunscreen.
We visited a local park one day. It's pretty awesome. Even more awesome is Henry's Superman tank top. He loves it. He even got it out of his drawer the other morning to wear.
Another day we went to the McDowell Nature Preserve. It's right on Lake Wylie. We did a short hike that followed the lake. We spotted a blue heron. Pretty cool, huh? Jones thought so, too.
I spliced these pictures. Aren't my boys cute?
I love this picture. Pretty much because this is what I see most of the day. Henry. Running. In the other direction. Where does he get all the energy?
Henry's BFF Annie came over one day to play in the sprinkler. We can't get enough of this girl.
Dave helped me make this doormat over July 4th weekend. I saw it on pinterest. (Oh, you don't know what pinterest is? It's great. Really. Go check it out.) My doorstep isn't nearly as clean and trim as the one on pinterest, but I love it. I still need to spray some poly on it if I want to keep it looking nice.
Here's a shot of the colors up close. It was really easy to make and very fun. The painting was what took the longest. It usually is, though.
I'm learning to be a mother to a Toddler. He always needs something to do. I let him help me with dishes one day. He loved loved loved it. Probably because it involved water.
A few weekends ago we walked down to the train stop and road the train with Henry. He loved it. I have plans to take him to Day Out With Thomas in the Fall. I'm excited about it really. If this boy is happy, then I'm happy.


5 comments:
Dah! Julia! Found your blog from facebook. LOVE that doormat, and LOVE reading your blog. You crack me up! Your commentary and narrative are always so funny, and you completely inspire me. Can I be your friend?! You rock. :)
You got Jones back?! :)
Yes, I looked at the blog either way...looks like you guys are having fun out there!
Looks like you are having a great time. Hope you are settling in to the new life a location. We have no trees in our yard for swimming, but we use a couple of patio umbrellas to create some shade, I stole the idea from my neighbor who has no patio, but 3 umbrellas. Hope things are going great.
WAY cute doormat. you're little guy is so cute too.
Post a Comment