Tuesday, June 1, 2010

It's been two weeks since we arrived here. It feels like it's been longer. Only because I feel like I know how to get around pretty well and I recognize people at church AND know some of their names. The ward is great, too. We borrowed a kid bike trailer from a member of the bishopric and went on a long bike ride on Friday night and rode again on Monday with some friends. There are bike paths everywhere here. And they're not just bike lines. I'm talking dedicated biking/running paths away from the busy streets that wind through the woods and around lakes. It's beautiful. We're gonna look into getting one of our own trailers. Once Henry gets comfortable, he's a happy guy and plays or sleeps. 

Lately I've really been missing this girl. When shopping or running errands I see things and think, "Oh Jen would love this." or "I wish Jen were here with me." Feeling dowdy, I went to the outlets on Saturday night. David is a wonderful husband and stayed home with Henry. With no luck at the usual outlet staples, I found myself in a store where all the clothes were cute and were actually fitting me! I didn't know what to do. I was frantically taking pictures of the clothes to text to Jen so she could advise me (the store was closing and I had to get home to feed the babe). 
Jen was hangin' with these crazy folks, so didn't get the texts in time. I felt a little silly, and for a second thought Jen might think I was being silly. NOPE. We eventually had a nice good chat about my newest purchases and catching up. I love sisters.

Henry is such a happy baby. I love him and can't get enough of him.
We went to the park today and 'lil Hank loved the swing. Can you tell?
Henry's two bottom front teeth have come in. Does the growing up ever stop? I hope not. I'm lovin' all the new stuff. Sitting up on his own, teeth, solid foods (does not like the rice/oatmeal cereal, but LOVED sucking on my orange tonight. I'm a bad mom...I know). What's next? Hopefully rolling over. He just won't do it.

3 comments:

Emily Jones said...

Love the outfits. You're looking so thin! And Henry is look adorable. I'm glad you're having a good time!

Unknown said...

Aw I miss you too!!

Sue Clark said...

I don't get how you took the pictures with your phone/camera IN the picture. But I love the clothes.