This past week we went down to St. George to enjoy the THREE DAYS that David had off of school. The students are supposed to use the days for business trips to try to get internships, which meant a vacation for us!! We took two other couples with us who already have internships. They each have two little girls. We stayed at my parents' condo, which one of our friend's girls loving called "George's House". We had a blast hiking, going to the temple, swimming, enjoying the sunshine and 50 degree weather, and eating delicious foods.
Here are the moms hiking.
Here's the little man getting a bottle at the beginning of the hike. He did great, slept the whole time.
Here's my favorite pic. Can you see the face in the rock? I love it. I played around on gimp with this pic and this is what I came up with. It added more depth to the right side of the pic...I'm still learning how to use our fancy camera, too. It's kind of overwhelming all the different numbers you can change and alter. Not to mention lenses. There are so many to choose from. Once I learn a thing or two I'll be show casing pics here more often.
On day two of hiking we forgot our baby bjorn so David made this one out of a blanket and rope. It didn't last very long. (I know what you're thinking, "Oh no. Did henry fall out?" No. But that's what mommy was worried about the whole time. Thank goodness dad is a wizard with his knots.)
Then we tried Henry inside my jacket. It worked okay, but man did it make me hot.
Finally, our friends let us borrow their baby bjorn and they decided to carry their little girl.
All in all we had a great week and loved having David to ourselves the whole time! We are very glad Daddy has worked hard and was able to get an internship so we could enjoy some good ol' family time.
5 comments:
Jules, you look absolutely amazing- one hot mama. And what a fun looking trip. Speaking of trips, Clark and I are coming to Utah next week. We'll be there from Wednesday to Sunday. I just have to meet Henry. Oh and hanging out with you and Dave would be nice too!
Looks like a great vacation! I'm a little jealous you got to escape to George's house. I can't wait to be somewhere warmer. (although, it hasn't been all that bad here) Anyway, I agree with "Little Red". You look great! Henry is so cute. I can't wait to see him in June. He's already starting to not look like a newborn anymore. So handsome!
That sounds like so much fun! I'm doubly jealous. Ahhh, someday that'll be me! :) Henry's a little cutie pie!
Love southern Utah, you make me want to take a trip. We once carried Gavin around the Oregon Coast inside a messenger bag that we were using as a diaper bag. We got some seriously weird looks when people realized there was a real baby inside. Gotta get creative.
Looks like you guys had fun...still would've loved to have seen you guys though. But I guess warmer St. George weather is preferable to cold Boston weather!
Post a Comment