Monday, November 2, 2009

Summer Internship



I know, it is only November but I have a summer internship offer that I am going to accept. The location of the position will be reveled to us sometime in March. Their corporate offices are in MN but they have production plants just about everywhere. As you can see from the way they presented the offer they are my kind of company. I have heard nothing but good things about the company and the people that work there.

I know, I can't afford an internship, I need to get a real job to support my wife and child. But here is the kicker- they are going to pay me 40% more than my last job! Plus I am sure I will get a free box or two of cereal and they threw in some other perks. Business school is an amazing deal. I am not sure who tricked corporate America but I am glad they did. It is nice to have the job search over with.

In other news, the stuff you guys really want to hear about, Julia is fine. Her belly is growing as we speak, in fact we should stop speaking and give her a break. I put together the crib tonight (thank you Allison) and the room looks like a baby's room. Julia got out all of the fancy changing table stuff on Saturday. She can hardly wait to change diapers. I still think we should take the hamster cage approach. I would like to subscribe to the newspaper anyway.

10 comments:

Randy said...

That's great! Congrats on the internship. General Mills is lucky to have you.

Jon said...

Congrats Dave!!! That will be a great intership and a great company to have experience with. You'll do awesome.

Drae said...

Congrats Dave!! What a relief for you guys. If you go to Minnesota, I hear it's amazing! We'll come visit! Can't wait to hear where you'll end up. So glad Julia is doing well and you are letting her "nest". Can't wait to meet the little guy!

Congrats again!

Unknown said...

Oooh oooh free cereal! Oh and Happy Birthday yesterday! I hope you two had a ood time with your filet!

Emily Jones said...

Congratulations! I have to admit, I am sincerely jealous and excited for you. I wish Christian had his intership already (and a paid one... even better) so we could just relax. Ah... that day will be a wonderful day. Good luck!

Michelle said...

Nice clock.

Michelle said...

Oh, and congratulations! (why did my other comment post twice??)

KellySummer said...

Hey, congrats! My way good friends live in Minnesota and work for general mills. My friend Dave actually used to be the account manger (or something) for wheaties. If you do go to minnesota, keep me posted. I'll get you in touch with Dave and Maile and they can show you the ropes! they are great!

Caleb and Marci said...

What is really awesome about this photo is the wooden clock shaped like Iowa on the wall. Congrats.

KarenT said...

Hey Elder Moss!! Hope you still remember me from your mission in Pasadena with Elder Jones. I came across your blog by accident while surfing online! Im glad you are doing well and things are looking up. Congratulations on the new job and new baby. :)