Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Problem with our Little Girl


Three weeks ago Julia posted about our 17th week ultra sound. The ultra-sound was performed by at an OB office in Provo. They run an outfit that profits from the emotions of young couples that want to know the gender of their baby a few weeks early. Normally a couple would find out the gender, if they choose to know, at a screening done at 20 weeks.


Yesterday we went to our normal 20 week screen and found out some startling news about our little girl. She has man parts. I know, very troubling. If you are trained in the art of reading cuneiform, sonogram or hieroglyphics you can see from this picture that our little girl is going to get teased a lot. So what are we to do? How can we save our precious little girl, our first born, from all of the ridicule? After counseling with the doctor and some careful consideration we have decided to call our little girl a boy. I am also going back to the OB office in Provo and asking for a refund. They need to man-up to their mistake.

8 comments:

Angela said...

Just the comic relief I was needing today Dave. You have such a way with words. Most people would just say "we're really having a boy". But you turn into some big drama story, in a way that only you can do. I still think Julia must have the best abs around from laughing at you.

Jon said...

I don't get it. Looking at the pic it is so very obvious. I would definitely ask for a refund.

David Henry said...

There were two pictures Jon. The one posted is the obvious one. The first picture was not as obvious.

Caleb and Marci said...

HA! That is awesome! When the pic popped up, I immediately had to turn my prudish head away... since I have seen similar pictures before... then it registered that this shouldn't be the picture on YOUR blog. Congrats again. Hope you saved your receipts for pink bunnies etc.

Joneel said...

Ha, similar thing happened to Melissa with their first baby. We had a friend do an ultrasound a little early, and she thought it was a boy. So I start buying some boy clothes. then she goes to her doctor about 4 weeks later and it was actually a girl. So, I had some returning to do, and some thought changes to make. It's almost like you grieve a little, over the lost baby you thought you were going to have. but it only lasts about a day. = )

Unknown said...

Ok, so I just had my 21 week ultrasound and they said they are 85% sure I am having a girl. The babies legs were a little close together so they can't be sure. I dont get another ultrasound til 25 weeks and I am nervous that the same thing will happen to me that happened to you guys. I dont wanna plan on one thing and then have to change. And I bought a bunch of cute girl clothes. Anyway, congrats on the boy and I'm glad you guys know now.

Erin said...

Mason was a girl (after TWO ultrasounds, including one at 32 weeka)...until 5 mili-seconds after he was born and we saw it...definitely NOT a girl! I never felt right about HIM being a girl...mama knows! Congrats! And, I thought shopping for girls was more fun too...until I had three boys...trust me, they're fun too;-)!

Erin said...

Mason was a girl (after TWO ultrasounds, including one at 32 weeka)...until 5 mili-seconds after he was born and we saw it...definitely NOT a girl! I never felt right about HIM being a girl...mama knows! Congrats! And, I thought shopping for girls was more fun too...until I had three boys...trust me, they're fun too;-)!