Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Really Real



Julia and I went to the doctor today. The doctor put the a microphone on Julia's stomach and we heard a little heart beat. That's right, Julia swallowed a hamster whole. The little guy was still alive. I guess that when you are pregnant you eat and crave strange things.


So far I've learned that incubation process takes about 40 weeks, that's 280 days or nine 30 day months and 10 days. Girls like to count the incubation process in weeks. If someone tells me they are 13 weeks along it means nothing to me until about 7 seconds pass. Then I know that 13 weeks is about 3 months. I know what 3 months means, that is one fiscal quarter and time for a new 10 Q. Our doctor says Julia's feed-us fetus (it makes her hungry) is about 13-14 weeks along but we are getting an ultrasound next week to find out for sure. Right now the range is Nov. 26 (that's what the Doc says) to Dec. 12 (that was our first guess).



By the way, Julia didn't eat a hamster, it was our baby's heart beat we heard. Now that I am going to be a dad I have to stop telling stories like that otherwise my kids will be a little confused for the first few years of their lives. Oh, and to clarify, Jones shirt says brother, not brothel. There has been some confusion.

9 comments:

Levi and Suzi said...

Congratulations! I'm really excited for you! And I just realized that I never sent you the info on sewing nursing covers, etc. I'm sorry, I'll get right on that! :)

Angela said...

Congrats again! Maybe I can have another boy and you can have a girl or vice versa and then we can hook them up later on in life. =)

Elise and Lane said...

WooHoo!!! Congrats to you guys!

Caleb and Marci said...

Yea! This makes me so happy for you guys. I almost made a baby comment after the sewing projects were displayed in your last post. :-) Hope you are doing great. When is the move?

Jake said...

Congratulations! I think that both of you will be great parents. Nicole and I are having a lot of fun with little Noah. You'll have to come hang out with us when you move down to provo. Also, we have a blog at romneyroots.blogspot.com if you want to see pictures of our little guy. Goodluck!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh congratulations! That really is so exciting. :)

The Brandleys said...

We are so excited for you! Hope the hamster doesn't trigger any complications!

mandy* said...

CONGRATULATIONS! We are so excited for you guys!!!

Joneel said...

David Henry and Julia, that is such exciting news!!!! Yay. guess what? My Michelle is due around the same time. We are excited.