Sunday, November 11, 2007

I Caught My Moss!

Our fate is no longer undecided. At least on the point of marriage. Dave and I are getting married February 16th in the Salt Lake Temple. We're very excited and extremely happy. We're in love and now the whole world is going to know it!

The diamond in my ring is a diamond that Grandpa Moss gave to Grandma Moss. She left it to David when she passed away. Last night he brought me to his grandparents' old house and told me stories about them and told me more about Grandma Moss and what kind of woman she was. He pulled out the ring and got on his knee! I wasn't expecting it. He had just met with my parents that morning to ask their permission. I thought he'd at least wait a couple of days. But David was too excited. When he got down on one knee I was so excited and wanted to be closer to him, so I sat right down on his other knee. I'm wierd. I know.

We want to thank all of our family and friends who helped us to get to where we are today. We're excited to celebrate this happy event in our lives with you. We love you all.

12 comments:

Margaret Proffitt said...

I'm totally coming! Wait, am I invited?

Petra said...

Hooray! I'm so happy to hear it!

--Hannah

Liz said...

CONGRATULATIONS! So excited for you both!!! Love, liz hansen

Deborah Clark said...

Hey I was right in my last comment! Jules has caught MOSS!!!! congratulations we are looking forward to meeting Dave in December and the wedding in Feb. I hope we don't run him off over Christmas!! :) I'm still waiting to hear if there are any great deals on skis at overstock.com! :)Love Deborah :)

Angela said...

Cute blog. So glad we could share with you, in a very small way, your engagement. You seem well suited for each other. Thanks again for your help this weekend. It means a lot.

Mark said...

Too cute Jules! We are so excited for you.

Joneel said...

David Henry Moss and Julia. Congrats. Julia, you have caught one of the best missionaries we ever knew here in California. We love him. go to my blog and meet me now. http://www.joneel.blogspot.com/
CONGRATS !!

Nae-nae said...

Julia-We are so happy for you, we hear rav reviews of Dave from Doug and Marcy, we are so excited to see you guys in January for your engagement party, Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Jules--I am still smiling and it has been almost three weeks! Your ring is beautiful and the story of how he proposed...what a romantic!
Dave, you are a very lucky guy! Jules is one of the best!

The Brandleys said...

Yay, I don't know if you remember me Dave! But you spent a lot of time at my apartment eating our leftovers. Anyway congratulations on the engagement, I'm so excited for you. She's one good looking lady! Mim sent me the link to your blog, and I'm so excited to check on you every so often. Matt and I have actually been wondering about you! Congrats again. Renee

the engineer said...

I like that story. Good for the impatience of Dave. I also noticed that Julia was wearing a helmet in a picture... That is good. Congrats you two. I'm excited for you both.

Andrea Jolene said...

Congrats again ya'll! Go Dave!