Ever since Henry and I got back here from Boston it's been raining. What do you moms do when it's raining? My 17 month old just wants to run, jump, and climb everywhere and he's board with the scenery here in the house. This morning we (including daddy, because you know, he ain't got a job yet) went to the mall. Walked around, bought Dad some clothes for the new job, and played at the mall play place. Yesterday we went to McDonald's and played at the play place there. I need to rack my brain for something to do tomorrow. We're all happier when we can get out of the house.
We scheduled our final travel to Charlotte. One-way tickets. We leave in 11 days. Kind of crazy. It hasn't hit me yet that we're moving across the country. You'd think our house would be half-way packed and we'd be making multiple trips to DI with items to donate, etc. Nope. The movers come in 4 days and I haven't packed a thing. And in fact we seem to be acquiring more things that we're getting rid of. (We finally got a new car after months of searching.) Ah the joys of the company paying for the move. We're just twiddling our thumbs. I have gone through a few things and organized and de-junked, but the house we're renting (yes! we found a house to rent from a VERY generous family friend) has an entire unfinished attic with ample room for storage, so I'm not stressing about how much stuff we have. That's probably a bad thing.
Since graduation we've been traveling quite a bit. And after the move we're heading to the Outer Banks for a week with our Charlotte family (a.k.a. the Phillips family). Lots of changes for Henry. I talk about the beach with him daily. He says "wa wa" for water. And he asks for his friend Annie all the time. I'm pretty sure he's going to have the time of his life at the beach playing with Annie.
Thursday, May 19, 2011
In need of Spring
Posted by Julia Mar at 7:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
the rain is killing us too!!! good luck with the move! have a blast in charlotte and at the beach!
Post a Comment