Last night I read Matthew chapter 5 when Christ is tempted by Satan. Verse 11 says:
"Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him."
That got me thinking about the word minister and ministry. What does it mean to minister? What sort of ministering did Jesus need? Jesus, the only begotten, the most perfect man to walk this earth, was ministered to. If Jesus required ministering angels, then each of us definitely needs ministering angels as well. Most of the time we don't require the traditional heavenly angels. We need each other. I was reminded of an article I read in a BYU Magazine a few years ago about our personal ministries. Read it. It's a wonderful wonderful article.
Thursday, January 6, 2011
Ministry
Posted by Julia Mar at 8:53 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That was a really great article. Thanks for sharing. We really need to catch up with you guys before you head east.
Julia,
Thanks for sharing. This thought reminded me of the Carl Bloch exhibit at BYU. My favorite painting there is titled "Agony in the Garden" and is a reference to this scripture. Seeing that painting gave me the same thoughts you shared. While His trial was much greater than any I will ever have, so was his capacity. It is great to know that God loves us so much adn know what we can handle that when need be angels can and will administer to us as well.
Looking forward to reading the article you posted.
1. Love this post, it gave me goose bumps. Thanks for sharing. 2. Love H's new hair cut. I love giving my boy haircuts. 3. I must add you to my blog roll immediately--why I have not already done so is a mystery. 4. Speaking of blog roll I saw Tabitha P on there. I went to high school with her. 5. Thanks for the editing software info! I'll have to look into it. I personally think YOU should post about photography since you obviously seem to be great at anything you choose to do.
Is that it? I think so :)
Julia Thank you for the article by Sister Parkin. I love it! I love Sister Parkin, and had never seen this article. She also spoke on Charity once, a talk that I love. I love that you shared this with us on your blog!
Post a Comment