We've enjoyed having David around these last 2.5 weeks. Especially Henry. David's way more fun to play with than mommy.
On December 16th we headed up to Rexburg for the dedication of the the BYU-Idaho Center and the renovated Manwaring Student Center. It was awesome. President Eyring, Elder Nelson, and Elder Bednar were all there. The BYU-I Center is an amazing building. It was an awesome experience to be there.
Since we were already up in Idaho we decided to stay the week and not make the drive back for Christmas. Here are some of the highlights.
David and I got away one day to go snowmobiling. It was gorgeous! Before the adventure we went to Big Judd's. They're famous for their 1lb. burgers. We ordered one, stuffed ourselves, and had leftovers!
It was delicious!
A friend of my parents took us on his snow mobiles. He was awesome. Here are Dave and Dave on the "snow machines" as Rexburgians/Rexburgites call them.
We had gorgeous views.
And we saw a herd of Elk! Can you see it?
Here they are zoomed in. It was fabulous.
On Christmas Eve David and I left at 6am to cross country ski up to the Lower Mesa Falls. Here's a pic of the sun just beginning to peek over the mountains. The sunrise was beautiful. Not a soul was in sight, which made for a magical hike. Except for the part where I kept falling. Darn skis. I was not enjoying myself on the way back to our car. I won't be asking for cross country skis for Christmas next year. That's for sure.
Henry enjoyed the excitement of a full house of people. There was always someone to play with. There were hundreds of things for him to get into. His favorite being the Christmas Tree. Here he is playing with the glass ornaments after I told him no. He definitely pushes his boundaries.
The babies eating breakfast on Christmas morning.
Henry liked his present from Mom and Dad. We let him play with it before Christmas, so it wasn't much of a surprise.
And he liked his piano until he opened this present from Nana. A walker. He loves it. He's getting better at navigating it. It's so cute to see him on his two feet. We can't wait for him to walk, but we can definitely wait for him to run. Yikes!
Here's the crew on Christmas morning. Taken with the new lens that David got for me! I'm loving it.
David and Henry playing with a stocking stuffer toy. He LOVES it. Oh the joy $3 can bring a 1 year old.
We took a walk on Christmas Day at sunset. Here's Henry getting bundled up.
Thanks Mom and Dad for hosting us for Christmas!







3 comments:
We LOVE Big Judd's. You're making me crave one right now. We were in Idaho the second half of the break. It was cold, let's just put it that way. I'm gad you had a great Christmas in Idaho.
Big Judds!! I forgot about that place. Henry looks super cute, by the way.
i love your blog cause henry and ollie are so close to the same age and i like seeing the similarities. :) we have the same eating chair, and the same little walker thingy. also...i am amazed to hear that David ever leaves any left overs! He was always the garbage disposal and Overstock lunches. :)
Post a Comment