Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Stick a Pin In It


This was a fun project. Jen and I both had a lot of fun. I loved picking out the fabrics. But there are definitely a few things I would do differently: 
1. Don't embroider the side seam. This took me too long. If you want to make this a quick project, skip this optional step. The cushion looks great without it.
2. Use a 7 or 8'' circle instead of 6''. I had visions of this turning out a bit bigger than it did. Plus, if it was bigger I could stuff it more and make it a bit thicker. Some of my longer needles poke right through if pushed down all the way.
3. Notch the embroidery floss at the side seam to hold it in place.
4. Sew slower around the rounded edge. I agree with Jen when I say sewing curves is tricky. Anyone have any tips? 

Even Henry liked this project! Doesn't his belly look delicious?

Next week's project looks like a lot of fun. I can't wait to get started.

3 comments:

katie k said...

I love it! Great job, it's so cute :)

KellySummer said...

nothing like a pin cushion for babies to play with! jk, its way cute! one of these days i need to take up sewing again...

Jana said...

Jules, love the pin cushion. The fabrics are great. It would even be cute as some sort of decoration too. Love it!