Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Super Dog

Jones has hip dysplasia. Poor little tyke. We'll see how long he can make it until he can't walk. I don't know if we're crazy enough to spend a couple thousand dollars on a total hip replacement surgery. I did find a website, though, that kind of convinced me it would be more cost savings for us in the longrun. 

Our neighbor made this doggy blanket for Jones. ("*gasp!* your dog's an outside dog? How inhumane!") Isn't he cute in his cape? duh-nu-nu-nuu-na-naa it's ... SUPER JONES!


5 comments:

David Henry said...

My wife is crazy. We are not, nor will we, consider spending $2000 on a dog. We will save the money for our own hips.

Unknown said...

Does this mean Jones might end up in a doggy wheelchair later in life? That would be awesome.

Angela said...

What a cute cape. Aren't dogs made to live outside? Well, all animals for that matter?

cmz^3 said...

Dave, Julia, and Jones:

My pup has hip problems too... He had a special diet, vitamins, and a few shots. The thing that helped the most was good-old exercise. Syd dog runs plays and is quite happy; his limp has virtually disappeared. When he is ignored or left in his kennel too long he develops a slight limp. I am way too little to walk him myself, he is three times my body weight, so the running of Sydney is largely my pop's job. SOOO, keep Mr. Jones running and he should be in good shape. Not necessarily running per-say but healthy jogging or walking in a regular manner and things should be looking up for the pouch. This is a common aliment in labs and other popular dogs, it is actually rather sad.

Now, dogs in the house, I am just a little tot but I love my Syd dog. He plays with me all the time. And yes sometimes he plays with me in the house. I think it depends on the dog, the fam, the house, and how many baths the pouch gets each month.

Cheers El Margot

Joneel said...

Hey David Henry, I think you should save the money for your own hips. Mine are already causing me grief.